Friday, June 20, 2014

Jake

This has been a very busy week.  On Monday and Tuesday Jake had his last walks on the beach for a while.  Tuesday night Dr. Sukhiani phoned my mom to go over Jake's surgery on Wednesday.  Wednesday morning we took him into Vancouver Island Veterinary Surgery.  This was at 9:30.  He had his surgery and we picked him up at about 3:00 p.m.  Dr. Sukhiani and Tara (his assistant) went over Jake's post-operative care. When we brought Jake home he was very drowsy and he did not like his crate ride home.  The first night was rough and he cried and kept my mom up.  Once she put her hand on his head inside his pen he would stop.  He just want to be sure that someone was with him.

He has a pain patch and we also give him antibiotics and pain medicine.  This will continue over the next few weeks.  He will also have to have a Cartrophen injection which will help with his recovery.

Today he ate twice and went outside to do his business without the aide of someone holding him up.  He does not really like to be in his crate but this afternoon my mom held him for about 2 hours and gently stretched his leg and gave him some ice. We have not seen any swelling but it is coming.  He did like his cuddle time!  We don't want to get into the habit of picking him up or he will spend the next 18 weeks being in our arms.

I thought for a change of scenery I would get out my Littlest Pet Shop tent and he seemed to like that.

I am sure each day will get better and better.  I will try to post on a regular basis.

Thank you to all of Jake's well wishers......



Jake in my tent

Jake and Oscar

Lazy Boy

Escape artist



No comments:

Post a Comment